Great frit for adding in between your frit layers for a great veining effect! (See beads)
- Frit Size #1
Here’s how to create a mosaic-type effect:
- Use white or light opaque 104 or 96 COE glass as a base bead and roll in a colored frit blend (size #1 and greater is best for this); melt it in.
- Roll in the crystal clear frit size #1; melt the crystal frit
- Now use a steel rake and start at one corner raking to the opposite to create a surface swirl pattern. Do that rake only once; melt smooth.
- Roll again in the crystal clear frit; melt it in.
- Encase with a clear rod of glass (use the same COE as your base glass). Make sure to use an oxygen rich flame to avoid too much black from a reducing flame. When your bead has cooled, you will see a version of what I have pictured here.
**Sometimes I do the raking and other times I don’t. Up to you!